Tuesday 5 July 2011

Oops...


Why yes, I may have popped into the Oxfam bookshop in Thame when I went to the cake shop to buy icing for my wedding cake. They had LOADS of green Viragos, including these which I didn't have. TWO Edith Whartons - not quite sure what I was thinking there, but they are beautiful, so maybe owning them in original green editions may encourage me - I hope so as they are mighty tomes. Ditto, Rebecca West, I am a little indifferent over, but I am excited by another Margaret Atwood. I've only read Death comes for the archbishop, and actually I can't remember what sort of edition I already own it in, owing to the disorganisation of my VMCs which are still waiting for shelves...

I must get back on track with the VVV so hope to write about some of these soon.

3 comments:

  1. You can't go wrong with Edith Wharton.

    I read Bodily Harm, but so long ago that I don't remember anything about it! I'll look forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you come home with icing?

    Well done and lucky you, Verity. They look like they're in great condition as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe it or not, but I'm still to read a Wharton. I've had a couple on my shelves for so long, and I think it's time I take the plunge.

    I was going to ask the same question as Darlene: did you get any icing?

    ReplyDelete