Sunday 12 June 2011

Dangerous calm (Elizabeth Taylor)

I was a little disappointed by Dangerous calm, the selected stories of Elizabeth Taylor. Not because of the quality of the stories, which, like her other short story volumes are excellent, but mainly because most of the stories had already been published in VMC editions of her other short stories. Whilst it did include 2 previously unpublished stories, I felt disappointed as I was looking forward to a completely new (to me) collection of her work.

It's been published once by Virago in a modern green cover; I picked up the earlier (non VMC) hardback edition which features this cover:



(I think the lack of a beautiful original green cover edition with pretty flowers on the front was another reason behind my disappointment if I'm honest)

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, this is a new one to me! Hopefully Virago will publish some of these stories in their reissue later this year.

    Thanks for the heads up on this, Verity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the cover for the hardback.

    ReplyDelete