Thursday 10 March 2011

New edition of The diary of a provincial lady


I have just been sent a copy of the latest VMC which is coming out on the 31st March, and it is a new edition of The diary of a provincial lady! How lovely to see all the volumes of the provincial lady back in print together (Virago published the first book in its cloth bound 40 year anniversary edition a couple of years ago). I wrote about it quite early on in my blog here, and I have to confess that this is my third Virago copy of the title, since I bought two other copies a year or so ago (in bookaholic induced madness, which my blog-readers did understand)...

It is a pretty cover design. This is the FIFTH time that Virago have issued it. I wonder if that is a record for a VMC.

4 comments:

  1. Is Virago rereleasing all five volumes in those lovely hardbacks? I might have to buy a whole new set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! Can so see why you're pleased with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my green cover edition, wouldn't trade it! But I certainly understand owning more than one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really must get out my copy for a reread one day soon. My cloth-covered Virago is a much-treasured edition.

    ReplyDelete