Tuesday 29 March 2011

4 new books

Aren't I lucky?



I got an email out of the blue recently from a lady named Heather in the US, who had picked up some VMCs and thought of me - all four were ones that I didn't have! She very kindly posted them to me and they arrived extremely promptly (I hope my thank you card is as swift in its trip over the Atlantic!). I am particularly excited about reading Thank heaven fasting as I have greatly enjoyed the Delafield books that I have read, and this has been on my wishlist for a while. I did confess that I have struggled with Edith Wharton in the past, but Heather points out that this volume is short stories so may be more manageable. Here's hoping.

Thank you Heather!

5 comments:

  1. Two women...one lovely and one lucky! That copy of Thank Heaven Fasting has me green with envy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Heaven Fasting is really good but a bit depressing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How generous! I am most envious of Roman Fever; I thoroughly enjoyed the title story when I read it in a Persephone Biannually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came across your blog while searching for some info on an Elizabeth Gaskell short story. I wish you had a follow button! I've added you to my bookmarks... :) Great blog!

    ReplyDelete